Learn how to adjust the maximum amount of containers you can have on each lease.
When we ask farmers "how many containers do you have on each line?" we often hear that there's a standard count, but sometimes there are exceptions when space gets tight. So we have two settings to help the growing area view mirror what's happening on your farm more closely:
First, you can set a maximum number of containers per line for each growing area and the growing area view will honor that setting. This will make it easier to find empty spots. You can even group the spots in a way that mirrors your cages or floats.
Second, the app will let you exceed the maximum number of containers you set for your growing area when needed. Simply place the gear where you need it and the growing area view will adapt.
Here's how you can adjust the number of containers per line in settings:
- Go to "Settings"
- Tap "Growing areas"
- Select a Growing area
- Tap on the "Containers per line" field & edit the number
- Make sure all the required fields are set for your growing area
- Then tap "Update growing area"
Examples of what to set for "Containers per line" for different grow methods:
- Using OysterGros: if you typically have 8 floating cages per line, then your "Containers per line" value would be 48, because each cage has 6 bags.
- Using 2x2 bottom cages: if you typically have 10 cages per line, then your "Containers per line" value would be 40, because each cage has 4 bags.
- Using long lines: if you typically have 10 baskets affixed to a line, then your "Containers per line" value would be 10.